Sunday, October 9, 2016

Helen with you today

Hello, hello, welcome.
It's my turn to share some projects for
SCRAPMATTS 
I've been eager to use the large circles as a photo mat;
to do so, I had to cut into them and rearrange the pieces.
I'm really happy with the result.   CB5152 Circles 02
They were heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Teal.

The floral paper is from Cocoa Vanilla, Make a Wish, "Fresh cut"
and the spotty papers are from a Lawn Fawn 6x6 pad, 
"Polka dots in the meadow."
For the Mixed media, I applied texture paste through 
before splashing some acrylic paint over the bubbles.
The love title was lightly brushed with Pearl paint.

The sub title - You and Me arrow, is from a pack of eleven.
I love the little heart foliage tucked into the cluster.
This is one of my favourite photos of you with Pa.  
The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-

You were perched on Pa’s knee in your special Elsa dress and helping him to blow out his Birthday candles.  The look between you two clearly shows the unconditional love you have for each other.  This year in Pa’s Father's day card, you dictated your words to Mummy to write for you.  You said “Thank you for taking me to the cafe with you. We hope you had a very good Father’s day, we treat you and keep you and don’t let you die.  I love you”
Photo 5th April 2015, your words September 2016 - love Granny

  When I spotted the Vintage children at Christmas SC007 in my happy mail from Sophie, I thought they deserved a very special card. I had seen a video by Collette Mitrega on her You Tube channel and this is my version.
I had to adjust the size to fit the images.
I challenged myself to use some older papers to make a Christmas card.  
My thoughts were that that the great range of Scrapmatts goodies 
would transform the papers into something special.  
I'm love the way it turned out.  What do you think?
The PEACE title CB6111 Assorted Words 27was wet embossed;
   CB5144 Layered Poinsettias 01 on the belly band were
 painted with distress inksand topped with dimensional magic.
This photo trying to show the way the card opens.
The Christmas Tree CB1060 Christmas Trees 02
was wet embossed too and trimmed with Kaisercraft pearls.
The Merry Christmas ornament comes in a pack of fifteen.

The final project is also a Christmas card with a pop out centre.
I found many different versions on Pinterest.
The Joy title was wet embossed, CB6111 Assorted words 27
The Merry Christmas Ornament is from the same pack of fifteen.
The hanging stars were created with texture paste
and gold paint through a Star stencil
The stars and the tree on the presents are from
Assorted Words pack
Well that's all for me, I hope you've found something to inspire you.
All the SCRAPMATTS products are available direct.
I'd love to see you upload your projects to the gallery.
Until next time - Happy Crafting.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I am oooing and aahing over these creations, the layout is so lovely, the cards are absolutely amazing, great designs the way they pop out and love the chipboard you have used.. both painted and embossed.. beautiful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Helen......your creations are all so gorgeous!!!
    Your layout is just so beautiful and very special and your card creations.......just, WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen I love the layout you have created... and Wow Helen 2 beautiful Christmas creations they are both gorgeous...

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed with all your fab creations Helen...there will be some very happy and lucky people receiving these amazing xmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete