Sunday, October 16, 2016

Birdhouse Christmas Decoration & Layout

Welcome

Jodie here with you today sharing my latest project with you all.

***************************

The first I want to share with you is an off the page project.
I found this little birdhouse at my local Spotlight store and thought it would make a fantastic addition to my Christmas Decorations.

I started by covering it with some Kaisercraft Silver Bells paper but you could just leave it plain if you like.

 I then used the large Christmas Star to frame the hole.
I cut the centre from the star.
Around the base I added a small picket fence.

 To cover the roof  I used some gauze and then placed the webbing over the top to give it the look of branches.

 I then sprayed the whole thing with a can of silver spray paint.
Once that was dry, I covered it with Diamond Dust to add some sparkle.
 To finish it off I added some birds and wrapped some Christmas star tinsel around it.


 This is the finished project.

**********************************

The other project I would like to share with you is a single page layout.


Papers used are from Kaisercraft Time Machine Collection.

Firstly I started with the Circle Stain Stencil (One of my favourites) and used Kaiser's Coffee Spray mist and sprayed through the stencil and then let shook the stencil over my page to get the drops.
 On this page I have used the smallest string circle, the lamps, cogs border 10 (cut to make the cluster) and some assorted words.
 
 

I have coloured them using Prima's Rust Effect Paste in Red Dust and Brown Rust.

You can find all of these products at Scrapmatts.com

Here are a list of the chipboard I have used.

******************************

Firstly on the Birdhouse.



CB5151 - Webbing 01

**********************************

For the layout






If you would like to see these projects in further detail you can head over to my blog

You can also find me on facebook

I hope you have all enjoyed looking at my projects and until next month may you continue to Dream*Create*Inspire

Happy Crafting

Jodie Digney
2016
xx













4 comments:

  1. Such fun to watch your bird house evolve into a Christmas home decor piece. Your layout displays the versatility of the Scrapmatts products. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful Jodie, what a fabulous Christmas decoration, and an amazing layout too! Great use of the stencils and chipboard pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Birdhouse Chrissy Decorations and the layout is gorgeous also...

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Love your birdhouse transformation Jodie. :)

    ReplyDelete