Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Scrapmatts Trio - Andrew Roberts

March is flying by and there have been some fabulous posts over the first part of this 
month from the awesome new design team here at Scrapmatts.
This is my first post for 2016 and I have created a trio of projects.
Make sure you click on the photos to them up close. 

If  you are unaware there are some wonderful stencils over in the Scrapmatts online store.
I have used some of them on each of my projects this month.

The first project for this month has a layout style with a mixed media flair.
I found a scrap piece of heavy weight box board so I thought what can I do with it. Then I reached for some of my stencils from Scrapmatts.

The one I used was: 


Here is my creation. I love the photo, two of my sons sharing a special moment.


The chipboard Packs that I used on this piece were fun to use and are as follows :

CB6113 Scrap Words 32
CB1158 Butterflies 20
CB5123 Hexagon Mesh 02
CB5114 String Circles 01
CB5070 Australian Federation Screen Doors 05
CB4063 Leaf Spray 13

I have also included a photo of my back ground before embellishing so you can see 
the stencil effect.


The second project for March is really a pair of mini projects that were a lot of fun to 
make and are not to time consuming.
ATC's are a great concept and can take a multitude of different forms.
The Scrapmatts store has some great ATC choices, but I used the standard ATC style for my project.


The chipboard packs I used for the time ATC were

ATC28-001 Plain ATC
CB1072 Gears 01
CB1078 Gears 05
CB6101 Assorted Words 20
CB5132 Chains 01


The chipboard packs I used for the live life ATC were

ATC28-001 Plain ATC
CB1238 Scrap Words 24
CB1226 Marine Life 01

The Stencils used for these two ATC were :


 


Here is a photo of the background with out embellishments to get an idea of the result that can be achieved with Scrapmatts stencils.


The third project in the trio is a Scrapmatts tag. They are base to start your creative process
 and can be incorporated into other projects as well.
I have to say this tag is my favourite of my projects for this month. I love the chipboard packs I used and the colour palette too.


The chipboard packs I used for this tag were some of my favourites and include :

CB3009 Tags 05
CB1232 Film Strips 05
CB6106 Assorted Words 24
CB5106 Chevrons 01

The stencil I used for this tag was a great back ground to give breakthrough 
high lights of texture.


Well this completes my projects for March. I hope I have inspired you to give Scrapmatts Stencils a go on your next project and include you favourite chipboard packs.
Every thing I have used can be found over on the Scrapmatts online store

Thanks for stopping by and please come back to see more wonderful 
creativity using Scrapmatts.

Happy Crafting 
Andrew

 

12 comments:

  1. Three fabulous projects Andrew; each with a different vibe. The ATC's are little pieces of Art and the tag is so fresh and Summery. My fave is the tender moment you captured on "Beautiful Moments". Love the MM and the colour blending. Great use of Scrapmatts products throughout :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Andrew, love how you have used all the Scrapmatts Stencils, I really like your Tag with the pops of colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful Andrew! Really love how you have used the stencils and such a great array of chipboard pieces too.. a marvelous lot of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely projects, really showcasing how versatile the chipboard can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Awesome projects Andrew, I love the way you have shown the new stencils and the amazing backgrounds you can achieve..

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all wonderful Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Andrew, what can I say, just amazing as always...these are really cool. I like the way you have used the new stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are so lovely Andrew. I like the style of your creations.
    Hugs, Dunja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning projects, Andrew!!
    Loving all your mixed media creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work Andrew, love that photo of your sons sharing a moment and you've created a awesome background to display it. Loving these stencils as well!

    ReplyDelete