Monday, March 28, 2016

Life is a journey and time is precious with Irit

Hello my dear crafty friends! My name is Irit and this is my very first post as Scrapmatts DT member.

For this post we were asked to make a kind of a " selfie" canvas.
I hope  that I was seen in a proper way on this project as usually I am on the other side of the camera.


 So as you can see I made it to fit the photo. Actually those are two photos from the same vacation, but I managed to destroy to lower one with mists. Then I realized that I don't have another good photo that was in a portrait way and every single piece of chipboards was already glued with gel medium over the canvas.
So when life gives you lemons, try to make a lemonade from them and try to correct your mistakes. The other similar photo was a landscape kind. I just trimmed it and made this 2 layers double photo and it seams to be unique and interesting after all.
My background was made with two Scrapmatts stencils: Circles  CT1001 and Alphabet  CT5017. I used texture paste (DecoArt) to make the whole background and let it dry.
As the next step I added paints and mists all over the canvas, using Plaid Mixed Media gel paints and their new mists. After it was dry I added some stamped frame with black permanent ink (Ranger) and Andy Skinner's stamps.
The next step was to paint the Retro squares chipboard, to cut it into two parts and to glue over the canvas.


Then I heat embossed  one window from Windows  04 CB5120 set and three pieces from Ornate frames 22 CB1220 and Ornate toppers 01 CB5137 sets  using clear embossing ink and opaque white embossing powder.  Those pieces were arranged on the top and  on the bottom of my photo.


As the next step I painted the Flowers 12 CB1220 and added them over the window chipboard.
I used two pieces for sentiments, both from Scrap Words 21 CB6103 set and they coordinate together to make the statement of Life being a journey and adventure that just begins.


As my last touch I added a bunch of 3d stickers and a few drops of blue mist. Yes, the mist that ruined my lower photo.
I really hope  that you like my canvas as much as I do, but it goes to Scrapmatts shop, not to my craft room wall.
Stencils: CT5017 Alphabet
Circles CT1001
Chipboards:
Scrap Words 21 CB6103
Ornate toppers 01 CB5137
Ornate frames 22 CB1220
Flowers 12 CB1220
Retro squares 01 CB5141
Windows 04 CB5120
 And as I was very  passionate to use my new Scrapmatts products, I made a layout in a totally different vintage style and this is all about time.



 I used a photo of my home clock and made a statement about perfect moment in our lives.
The paper products are from old DCVW stack, but the gorgeous Scrapmatts chipboards made this page unique and outstanding.


 This time all chipboards were painted with DecoArt Mixed Media line paints to get this rustic vintage look. The ornate  toppers pieces were heat embossed with a mix of black, gold and copper embossing powders.

The stamped sentiment (Visible Image) was just perfect size to be covered with one of Chains circled chipboards.


Other chipboards were connected around the clock and embellishment cluster.


I added the Scrap Words21 CB6103 sentiment under the photo.
And the sentiment is just perfect as this photo was taken on my daughter's wedding day while she was dressing in my bed room.
I also added some paint stenciled letters over the background with Alphabet  CT5017stencil.
Chains 01 CB5132
Scrap words 21 CB6103
Ornate toppers 01 CB5137
Stencil CT5017 Alphabet

I hope I inspired you with my two totally different pieces and see you again in a month!


Irit Shalom


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful creating! I just love the canvas and those chipboard squares are so cool! And fabulous layout too.. love the altering you have done on the chains and lamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did make lemonade Irit. A great save; well done. Two inspirational projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Irit I adore your Canvas, I love the colours you have used, I also love the way you have distressed the background and the chippies look amazing and the way you have used the two photos of you...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the background you created for your canvas xxx

    ReplyDelete